Course Rules & Etiquette
Course Rules & Etiquette
The following rules and golf etiquette will assist you in enjoying golfing with us.
All golfers are expected to maintain a rate of play of 1.5 hours to complete their 9 hole round. Please keep pace with other groups on the course by playing “Ready Golf” or “Best Ball”
Course employees have the authority to enforce the rules of the course, control tee-off placement and golf cart usage. Please do not switch times with other groups at the tee-box.
*Reservation organizers are responsible for: the booking and ensuring anyone in their group gives the course sufficient notice if they are unable to make their tee time. The course reserves the right to charge a ‘No Show’ fee of $12.00 if a member of your group does not show or gives insufficient cancellation notice; any individual or group that ‘no shows’ three (3) times or more will be required to prepay for their booking; the organizers are to ensure everyone in their group comply with all course rules and etiquette.
For the safety of our employees and golfers it is mandatory everyone wear a mask or face shield from the greeting center until they reach the first tee.
A mask or face shield is mandatory when entering the clubhouse at all times.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation
RULES OF PLAY:
- All golfers must check in before proceeding to the tee
- Each golfer must have and carry their own set of clubs
- No more than 4 players to a group at all times
- Each player may only have ONE ball in play at all times. If you lose a ball take a mulligan and keep moving
- Appropriate dress code and footwear are required** see below
- Keep pull & power carts 8 feet from the greens
- Our pond is a protected habitat—stay behind roped off areas at all times
- Must be 18 with a valid DL to operate a power cart. There is a maximum of 2 riders and 2 bags per cart.
- No drugs or alcohol permitted on the property
- Non-players are not permitted to walk the course
- If you can’t reach the green, go ahead and tee-off however please do not play into golfers
- Please turn your phone off or to vibrate
- Repair divots and ball marks to greens—do not throw flags or clubs on greens
- Please keep pace with play—slower groups to play ‘best all’ or ‘ready golf’
Ready Golf refers to a method for golfers to speed up play. Simply put, it means that each golfer within a group hits when ready, rather than waiting for the golfer farthest from the hole to play first.
Best Ball is a method for beginner golfers to speed up play. Once you hit off the tee, pick up your ball and take it to where the farthest ball in your group has landed and play from that point.
- Do not trespass on or from bordering properties
- Please respect others on the course including the grounds crew
- Always observe and obey golf course signage and the employee direction given to keep the course running smoothly for all golfers
- Players are responsible for any damages or injury caused by errant balls
- Please yell FORE should an inadvertent shot occur
- If you witness an accident, unruly or irresponsible behaviour please report it to the clubhouse staff
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including but not limited to abusive language or unbecoming attitude, club throwing or vandalism to company property, will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at Mount Douglas Golf Course’s sole discretion
- For the enjoyment of all golfers cigarettes must be extinguished only in the ash trays provided on every tee
- Reservation organizers are to ensure everyone in their group comply with all course rules and etiquette
Mount Douglas Golf Course Dress Code
- Attire allowed is relaxed respectable attire. Not permitted are cut-offs, tank tops, sleeveless men’s shirts, swimsuits, shirts with offensive sayings or logos or going shirtless. 2021 Dress code safety protocol – Mask’s are mandatory from the greeting center to the first tee area and at all times in the clubhouse.
- Soft soled shoes and soft spike golf shoes are permitted. Not permitted are work boots, steel toed boots, flip flops, high heels or wedges.
If you have any question at all about the above stated Code of conduct and dress code please do not hesitate to give us a call at the golf course (250) 477-8314
Power carts & rentals
Mount Douglas Golf Course offers power cart rentals as well as .
Reserve at time of booking.
Mt. Doug Gift cards.
Gift cards are available in the clubhouse or online if you can't make it in to pick one up in person. Choose the one that's right for you.
Mt. Doug Newsletter, Stay Informed.
Stay up to date and informed. Sign up for our newsletter today!
Mt. Doug Code of Conduct.
Take a moment to read over the Mount Douglas Golf Course Code of Conduct. Enjoy golfing with us.
Tell us about Your experience.
We want to hear from you! Tell us about your visit with a short survey.